One on One Coaching
- Are you frustrated about parenting?
- Do you find yourself resorting to yelling, nagging, threatening, bribing or punishing (even if that’s “not you”)?
- Feel like you’ve tried everything and nothing’s worked?
- Do you want a breakthrough in how you relate to or discipline your children?
If you feel stuck in parenting patterns that aren’t working…
1-on-1 Parenting That Works Coaching can help you learn the skills you need to create more cooperation, connection and peace at home.
- Research has proven that working with a knowledgeable and experienced mentor is the fastest way to change your behavior.
- To create permanent change, and master the new parenting tools and skills that you have learned, you need an insightful guide, support, and repetition.
Coaching offers you the opportunity to address and transform your specific parenting challenges in a safe and supportive environment, over the phone, on your schedule.
Whether you want to get in shape, stop smoking or become a more effective parent, the ingredients for making changes that last are the same.
Imagine an elite athlete, even though they possess the innate ability to be a world class tennis player, golfer or swimmer, he or she still needs the assistance of someone with expert listening, observation and coaching skills to help call out their best. Parent coaching works in much the same way.
It turns out that researchers have discovered the formula for creating change. And whether you want to get in shape, stop smoking or become a more effective parent, the ingredients for making changes that last are the same.
Fast Company journalist Alan Deutschman, in his powerful book, Change or Die identifies the three critical keys to creating change in your life – relate, repeat and reframe. He shares that all three “R’s” must be present in order for people to make a lasting change.
- Relate – You must first find a mentor—someone who has been where you are, healed themselves and is now experiencing life in the way you would like to (i.e. staying fit, nicotine-free or being an effective parent). You need to form a relationship with your mentor (or a community) that inspires and sustains hope. This mentor or community has to believe you have the ability to change. And your mentor must possess specific methods and strategies for creating the results that you want.
- Repeat – To create permanent change, you need to rely on your new mentoring relationship to help you learn, practice and master the new habits and skills that you’ll need to create the results you want.
- Reframe – Finally, you need to allow your new relationships to help you learn new ways of thinking about your situation and your life. Your mentor will need to help you change formerly limiting beliefs about yourself and your situation into beliefs that will support your growth and change.
Vickie has what you need in a mentor—she has been where you are, likely faced the very same struggles you are facing, and overcome these challenges to create healthy relationships with her children. Her children, now ages 19 and 22 are compassionate, self-assured and thriving in every way (emotionally, academically and relationally).
- She has a unique ability to get to the heart of your parenting challenges quickly.
- She creates a safe and loving space to support you in to learn and grow at your pace.
- She offers tried and true, research-based strategies that really work for creating the results that you want.
Some of the things you learn in a coaching session:
- How to get your child to listen and cooperate
- How to create a more positive and peaceful home
- What to do instead of yell, nag, threaten or punish: Positive Discipline
- How to teach children to take responsibility
- How to use logical consequences to improve behavior
- Why “timeout” doesn’t usually work and what does
- How to raise a respectful child
- How to raise an emotionally intelligent child
- Ways to discharge strong emotions and help your child calm down
- How to end power struggles
- Reduce sibling rivalry and competition
- How to effectively stop fights and arguments
What are the coaching rates?
The sessions are $125 for a one-hour session and discounted to $375 if you sign up for a “4 session package.”
To sign up for One (1) 60 minute session with Vickie Falcone, M.A. ($125)
To sign up for Vickie’s 4 session package with Vickie Falcone, M.A. ($375)
Contact me: Call 310-773-6635 or email: Vickie@ParentingThatWorks.com
It would be my honor and privilege to support you in becoming the parent you want to be.